Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
I'm getting 2515fps from Saeco #352 248gr cast gas-checked boolits with 53.0grs of IMR-4320. Accuracy is outstanding out of my '88 classic. Shoots 1" groups at 100 yds and bangs steel pans at 300yds with ease. It's my deer load for hunting iowa this year

Sir, if you're still watching this could you post all the other details about your load? Including how hard your alloy is. Also any other loads with other powders that have worked well for you with the Saeco #352?
I bought this same mould expressly for my Whelen, though I expect it'll be nice in the .358 Win too. It's still unused at this point but looking forward to playing with it in the spring, along with the RCBS 35-200-FN.
Thanks in advance,
Rex

Sorry for not responding sooner. My alloy isn't exact science yet, but my cast bullets are too hard to scratch. I did recover one fired into an oak stump perfectly mushroomed. A few years ago I ordered one bar of superhard plus a couple bars of pure tin from Rotometals and I make sure at least one or two of the ingots I made from that batch of alloy go in my pot. My cast bullets cast almost perfect to specified weight or slightly less so I know my ratios are about correct for a Lyman #2 alloy. I drop cast bullets into ice water for a little quench hardening and then it's over to the lyman 450 for gas checks and lube. I also make my own lube. I'm running this alloy at 2750fps from a 308win with zero leading and great accuracy. My Saeco load is what I carried for Iowa deer this year but didn't get a shot. The load is accurate out to at least 300 yds which is as far as I can test right now. I don't get over particular on exactly how much antimony and tin I have in each casting batch, but I do make sure that enough is there for my satisfaction. I've been casting bullets since I was 12 years old. I have a feel for what I do and that's what it is. Sometimes the results are amazing and I'm completely impressed. My cast bullets are more than satisfactory for all of my shooting/hunting needs. I can even cast a 22 cal 63gr round nose.

35 whelen saeco 352 official load is 53.0grs Imr-4320 loaded to 3.075" oal lr primers in norma brass. Or Remington brass but I prefer Norma. This load clocked just north of 2500fps 15 ft from the muzzle. Accuracy exceeded my expectations so it's now my standard load