I’m not sure of the year I got my first 350 Rem Mag, but it was around 1969. The only jacketed loads I’ve used are 250 grain Interlock, partition and hot core. I’ve shot at paper with lighter bullets but just paper.
The most accurate powders are H4895, IMR4320 and 748, so far.
I stopped using 748 hunting as I found it unstable temperature wise.
I think the 350 to be close, very close to the Whelen. Sure it has a shorter neck, and a sharper shoulder, but still very close.
I finally got my hands on a 35 Whelen - a re-barreled pre-64. So far I’ve just been shooting it off-hand - practicing. It might go hunting this fall.
I’m sort of a heavy for the caliber guy, so for now I’ll be shooting 250 or 250+ grain bullets, primarily Interlocks. If Hornady stops making that bullet in interlock I’ll be switching to hot core or partition. I will not be pushing the envelope on pressure. Nothing like hot gases coming back to one’s face to help cure a person of that. Besides having the frustration of a empty case stick in a chamber as the 30 point buck is scampering over the hill top.
Some other powders I’ll be trying RE-15, TAC, and IMR4064 or IMR 4461.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally