I'm finally back to being able to shoot the heavier recoiling rifles and started 700 Classic 35 Whelen load development. I'm starting with my heavier 225gr. loads first.

My loads used 225gr. Partitions, 225gr Barnes TSX, Remington brass and Win. LR primers.

RL15: 59.0gr.
Part. avg. vel. 2559 fps
TSX avg. vel. 2664 fps

Varget: 60.0gr.
Part. avg. vel. 2709 fps
TSX avg. vel. 2694 fps

CFE223: 67.0gr.
Part. avg. vel. 2804 fps
TSX avg. vel. 2780 fps

There is more room on the throttle for the CFE223. The other two are pretty much maxed out. I've also got PP2000MR, but only two pounds. I don't really want to start with it not knowing when I can get more.

Between the two bullets I got much better accuracy with the TSX, the Partition just didn't shoot well at all. Surprising to me, Varget and CFE were tops in accuracy. The Varget loads cloverleafed 3 shots at 100 yards. The CFE load was just over an inch. I'll focus in on these two powders and the TSX for a closer look. Truth is I could stop right there with either of these and kill anything I'm ever going to shoot with it.

By the way, my youngest daughter (33) went to the range with me for the first time in ten years. She wanted to try the Whelen and went two for two on a ten inch steel plate at the two hundred yard line resting only on a front bag. I guess she's getting the itch to get back out with me.