Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by bobmn
JWP: The Speer loading data has no pressure data shown for the 250 grain bullet in 35 Whelen. I assume your answer is no?

Bobmn,
It sounds like you are implying that Speer may have either failed to pressure test their most recently developed data (for which there is no excuse given the proliferation of much improved pressure testing equipment these days), or knowingly published data that exceed SAAMI specs.
I have done extensive testing of the Speer 35 Whelen PP-2000-MR data, documented on another site, and concur with jwp475 - the data are legit, pressure is a non-issue, and cases last forever.
I will grant you that I have not had my loads in my rifle pressure-tested. So you can "assume my answer is 'no'" too. But I do trust recently developed data published by legitimate American firms in this lawsuit-riddled era.
I noticed here and on another site that a lot of folks miss or gloss over the fact that the numbers jwp475 have posted are for a 28" barrel. That does get the speeds up to some pretty impressive numbers. But my 23" rifle comes in right at Speer's numbers. They are legit and safe.

Respectfully,
Rex

Spot on, and very well stated

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first