Do we need recruitment? Yes.

Is a new hunter going to bail if he can’t draw a tag and doesn’t have the resources to apply in multiple states to up his chances? Hell yes.

Should we be laying out application strategies, naming easier units to draw in a state, showing obvious land marks, trail heads etc? Hell no.

Some may be ok with seeing a sea of orange, that’s not what it’s about for me.

Yes, there is only a limited number of tags, but like you, myself, and many others, we get our fix by tagging along/helping others putting even more in the field. Never really saw “posse” hunting around here till 6 or 7 years ago, now you see it quit a bit in our better units. Saw the first camera on a dirt tank that is pretty remote last year, hiked in with a buddy to look around this weekend and there are 7 on the tank.

Hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think this new age of easy information is going to be good for our sport in the long game

Originally Posted by Dogshooter
It’s hard to believe it sometimes.... especially when you hump your ass 4 miles into the schitt... only to see a half dozen orange vests scattered around a particular basin.... but we really do need more hunters.