Originally Posted by Dogshooter
How is the increase bad.... other than making it harder for YOU to get a tag?

I’m going with a selfish response to this Josh...For me as a primarily pub land hunter. When the areas I hunt get’s busier with new tag holders. It can become a schit show because they aren’t familiar with the hunting grounds and do things that run counterproductive (nice way of saying) they can fùck up my hunt by doing things that is only successfull in blowing the critters out, pushing them into deep, thick, dark timbered canyons...Or worse scatter a herd temporarily.

And they’re completely unaware of what they had just done to themselves or me because they don’t know where the beasts were holding up to begin with...

To be honest, the occasional hunts that have been Joked by new hunters are my plan C and D hunts. It’s still frustrating, especially when I’m working with only 4 days to put a critter in my freezer.

Their lack of knowledge, which is often just a case of them trying apply a tactic of hunting that they are used to doing in another part of my state which may be successful for them on the East side....But, it doesn’t translate well on the West side. But they don’t know anything different.

I was chatting with GW about the efforts we both put in to losing hunters who try to locate me, or my truck and follow me into areas while scouting...Because of this I had to make some changes including selling my once dedicated hunting rig and doing away with the vanity “Elk Up” plates.

I have picked up radio chatter when someone had seen my rig and then hearing them trying to explain where I was at to someone else in their crew...Bull season can make some people lose their minds...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”