That’s a little different Mark..... you’re talking public land, OTC tags.... and increased pressure. That schitt happens. If there were no new hunters screwing stuff up... hunting would cease to exist... we need the new ones... so do the critters.

We’re talking about areas that are limited draw... so there is no increase in pressure... as the number of tags is the same. The increased pressure is in on the tags themselves.

Here’s my perspective in a nutshell:

There’s an antelope tag not too far from where I live, that used to take 1-2 points to draw... now you’re lucky to draw it with 5. I drew it last year, finally, and killed a nice buck with my boys at my side. At that point... the years of waiting meant nothing, all that mattered was how enjoyable the hunt was and seeing the joy it brought to my sons. That mount is in my boys’ room, they see it every day and take tremendous pride in it. I’d never shoot another goat in the entire state... if it meant more guys got to share hunts like that with their kids. Maybe I’m an idiot hopeless romantic... but I hope these increased draws, mean more guys get to experience stuff with their loved ones, just like I did with my kids. I think it’s the low-road to believe it’s only Flat-Billed, Mtn. Ops fueled, Browning buckmark tattooed hunters that are snatching up all “your” tags.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......