Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I don't know if it could be attributed to Randy, HUSH, Eastman's or whomever else

I can't speak specifically to HUSH Or Eastman's, but I would bet wherever they have been the pressure increased tremendously. I do know that Randy posted one of his smiling "Here we are" videos with a panoramic view of the area I have hunted for over 50 years. Not only the view of the area that gives it away to even the most casual observer, but he posted a video of the trailhead sign, giving the location away that even a street bum in Los Angeles could find it.

Worse than that, the area was inundated the next fall with people from all over America, hunting Randy's "secret" spot. That was several years ago, and if you you think they only come the year after the release of the video, you are wrong, they have been coming every year since...

I hope some of these guys read this. What is so difficult about not showing details that give away a specific location? Giving details on a specific location only ensures crowds and a negative experience for all who hunt there including the newcomers who may be turned off for good. I can hear it now: "I tried hunting once and it sucked, there were people behind every tree." In fact, I have heard it before in my own hunting area after some clown in a "major outdoor magazine" wrote an article about it. Why not educate new hunters on how to scout new locations and what to look for? In other words, don't hand them a fish, teach them to fish.

If your goal is to teach new hunters, the most valuable lesson is not "where to go" it's what to look for and how to find your own hunting spots.

A wise man is frequently humbled.