I owned a Model 16 Savage Weather Warrior in 6.5 Creed that was really accurate with a Varget load and 120 Barnes or 123 Lapua. Pretty close to .270W in killing power and about .243W in recoil. I never did love it and preferred my .30-06 so I let a lady deer hunter have it for the price of a new one. She also paid new price for the scope and everything else including the handloads. By the way, it wouldn't shoot 140s worth a crap. As to 6.5 caliber in the Grendel. My neighbor who I go on hog patrol with almost every day bought a Grendel in AR. We made a 129 Nosler load and a 129 Hornady Interlock SP load that seems to me to hang with a .308W in trajectory. Haven't shot it through a chrony. The more we shoot hogs with it the more I'm impressed. Not a one has gotten away and we've had several 300+ yard kills resting the rifle on the truck hood. Recoil is minimal and the hogs go down. I know this is limited testing and anecdotal but it seems the Grendel delivers a lot with little recoil and I can't see where the Creed did any better as far as killing game. I'm beginning to believe in the inherent superiority of 6.5 bullets and if I were buying a big game rifle for a kid or lady the Grendel in a bolt gun would be my choice.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."