Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by jorgeI
As to the Creedmoor, I don't have one because EVERYONE now does...Even if it is arguably the best cartridge introduced since the 257 Weatherby smile

I don't have one.

I have 13 of them, probably skewing the average a little, but I'm not close to being EVERYONE.

I had more than 20 perfectly good 260s when I bought my first 6.5 Creedmoor and have written multiple times that for the guy who loads his own ammo and doesn't need to shoot bullets longer than the 130 grain AB, the 260 will do any thing that the 6.5 Creedmoor can do within those parameters.

There are at least 3 things that the 6.5 Creedmoor does better than the 260:

1. Many new rifles are being chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, but there are currently very few new rifles being chambered in 260.
2. Many more factory ammo options in 6.5 Creedmoor than in 260.
3. If you need to shoot bullets longer/heavier than the 130 grain AB, the 6.5 Creedmoor has an advantage in COAL and accurate factory ammo can found in many places and at a reasonable price loaded with bullets in the 125 to 143 range. Options for every user, except maybe varmint shooters.

Wal-Mart sells 6.5 Creedmoor ammo, but I have yet to see a rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor in their racks. If Wal-Mart was selling Remington 700 ADL package guns in 6.5 Creedmoor for under $400, I think that they'd sell enough to make a noticeable impact on the profits at Remington, Wal-Mart, and the ammunition manufacturers.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 07/19/19. Reason: Added what I'd forgotten to post originally