recoiljunky,

Don't get to Shedhorn often, but often enough that some of the people remember me. May stop later this month on the way to a family reunion in Virginia City.

Stopped in Sportsman's Warehouse in Helena today, and did a little more research on their ammo stocks. They had five 4-foot shelves of .308 ammo, and three of 6.5 Creedmoor--which may or may not indicate anything about recent popularity. The .308 appeared 55 years before the Creedmoor. It also probably doesn't indicate anything about rifle sales. One of my professional hunter buddies in Africa also owns a big sporting goods store, and reported a few months ago that around 80% of his new-rifle sales are 6.5 Creedmoors.

Yeah, I remember the BS surrounding the .300 Weatherby, plus the 7mm Remington Magnum and the .300 WSM when they appeared. But as noted earlier, I do NOT remember the same amount of disparagment of the .300 WSM when it appeared as has been directed toward the 6.5 Creedmoor. Even Jorge didn't mention anything about waiting for Shrapnel to comment....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck