Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Honey, fire up the popcorn popper.

Honey, is it too early in the day for Guinness with my popcorn? The Luddites are still going at it.

Never had any desire for a WSM, but .204 Ruger and the various Creedmoors look like winners to this bitter old white man. cool

Guinness is for breakfast too, no?

So no, the 6.5 Creedmoor's popularity wasn't due to an intense PR campaign to turn it into the latest fad. Instead the interest grew from people who started using it for hunting, and unlike many other rounds that did turn out to be fads or semi-fads, sales continue to grow 12 years after it appeared. This many not make you happy, but so far I haven't heard of anybody FORCING shooters to buy 6.5 Creedmoors.

John

C'mon John, the popularity of the 6.5 Creed is directly attributable to guys like you writing glowing reviews of it, based on actual experience on the range and in the field, with readily available and affordable (cheap) factory ammo, and reasonably priced (some cheap even) rifles which just happened to turn out to be accurate (highly accurate?) in a majority of cases.

Let's not for get the many posters here and on other online fora that found something that works and are letting their internet "friends" know about it.

It's OK to take credit when it is due.

Geno

PS, I'm not in the market for one, as I have some rifles that sit unused for long enough periods as it is, but if this topic keeps coming up I may have to get an affordable, accurate Ruger American in 6.5 C. They are still legal in this State I hear.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?