Well, I appreciate the history and personal experiences with the 6.5 C. After looking at the reloading data, I could not tell one from the other comparing the 260 to the 6.5 but it does appear that there are some slight nuances. I had the 6.5 bug years ago, built rifles for 260 Rem, 6.5x55, 65.-06 and 264 WM. They were all nice and shot better than me but eventually found that I simply like my 270 Win better. I am an amateur but all accounts but I own 32 sets of reloading dies and spend about two decades experimenting with many cartridges over the years, factory spec, improved and a couple wildcats. These days I simply don't have the time to experiment as much as I like so I just grab one of my tried and true rifles and hunt when I can. I'm starting a new rifle project, a 30-06, about as boring as it can get but I've had several but don't have one now and figure I need a 308 cal. Using a win long action 70 so 308 is not an option. don't want the recoil of the 300 wm so the 06 is the winner!