Well, my 6.5 Creedmor came to me via a gift from an uncle. He belongs to his local Legion and he won the gun in a raffle. He decided that I should have it. A Ruger American Predator with a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44, I think sits on it. Not a gun I would have purchased, but he is my uncle and he is a vet. I gladly accepted and got it sighted in.

He came down for a visit and we took it out and he was able to fire it a few times. He was a happy camper.

I took the rifle out on Veteran's Day in his honor. I took this buck at about 125 yards, one shot and he made it maybe 30 yards. Remington 140 grain corelokt did the job.
He was the first person I told and texted him a picture and the details. He now can brag to his buddies at the Legion. This rifle will now be with me or my family for many years to come. I will not let this one go.

We took it one step further and had lunch at the local VFW where we hunt as they were serving a turkey dinner. A great day in my book. I was hunting with my my older brother, my oldest son and my nephew.

Now is the 6.5 Creedmor any better than others, maybe is some ways, maybe not in others. It does shoot well in the rifle I have. I would buy another, but I would also probably like a 6.5x55 or a 260. Go with whatever works best for you. Heck I could even go for another one that works great, the 7-08.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival