Originally Posted by lapua6547
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Both great calibers. 6.5 Creedmoor was marketed 100x better than the 260

Everything Remington markets they do incompetently.

Agreed

If Remington had any sense they would have given the 260 an actual marketing budget and teamed up with a major ammo manufacture.

And, don't forget, chambered it in their most popular rifle, the 700 ADL and BDL, in addition to, or instead of, the 700 BDL SS-DM. Remington never cataloged the 260 in either the 700 ADL or BDL. Remington made a non-cataloged run of 700 ADL matte/synethic rifle in 6mm, 257 Ronberts, and 260 for Grice at least once during the early 2000's, but they must not have sold well enough for Remington to make any of them a regular production cataloged item.

Remington was sending rifle to wholesalers before the ammunition. When I got my first 260, a 7 SS, in 10/97, they didn't have ammo available. I bought dies, Winchester/Olin 243 brass, and used Ken Waters' 263 Express data to start loading for it.

Dat's Fooqed Up!

The marketing and sales people at Remington probably weren't that dumb, so how did it happen?

Did somebody sabotage it purposely? Or did Remington manage to make poor choices every time that there was a choice to be made?