I shoot both, I really like both. When I got around to building a full custom I chose the Creedmoor specifically because I wanted to use a magazine fed rifle that could pull double duty as a hunting rifle and light competition rifle. For a pure hunting rifle, the .260 is a better choice because it has a little more case capacity. I’m probably going to move to Ackley Improved when I rebarrel again. With Berger getting ready to release the 155gr Elite Hunter, I’d be building a .260 AI with a Wyatt’s box and a Kiff reamer designed around those 155s. I might even consider building it on a long action but would probably stick with the short action because I’m a fanboy and it does keep the weight down some. You can still shoot factory .260 ammo in a pinch but you can pick up the extra speed with AI handloads. My .260 is as easy to load for as either of my 6.5 Creedmoors.

I do find better choices for factory ammo for the Creedmoor than the .260 but I mainly reload my own. Sometimes I get lazy, though, or in a hurry and there’s some really fantastic factory ammo out there - Prime, Copper Creek, etc. I haven’t found nearly as much .260 ammo that MY rifle likes.

I don’t find buying a new set of dies a real consideration but if you already have all the .260 dies, that’s just another reason to go with that caliber.