It seems Whittaker sells a few.

Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by StrayDog
I read so many positive things about the Creedmoor accuracy and ability to kill at distance. Is it only a natural progression to become the future hunters do everything, go to round for everything in N. America except brown bear? Well maybe, even dangerous game like brown bear or African lion from safe distances, with it's accuracy one could call shots behind the ear or between the eyes without blowing up the trophy?

WT?
1) Long distance hunting is a teeny-tiny fraction of the overall picture.
2) Accuracy is more a matter of the Indian rather than the arrow.

The average hunter in CONUS is a whitetail deer hunter. He shoots a deer inside 80 yards.
I really don't see where the Creed is going to fit into that scenario.

Take 3 big Whitetail states: IN, IA, and OH.

Indiana just went from a limited PCR-type restriction to an anything-243-and larger restriction. There is a huge market there for new deer rifles. 6.5 Creedmore is not even on the shelves. Most people are buying .308 WIN, 30-06 and 270 WIN, and 243 WIN

These are the 3 big new markets for centerfire hunting rifles. 6.5 Creedmore is not in the running in 2 of the 3. In the one place where it is legal, it's sales are negligible.

Kentucky, where I'm at, I have not seen 6.5 Creedmore in the stores. The ammo is not stocked at Walmart.

Food for thought:

We sell a bunch of rifles on an annual basis, both in store and online. If you eliminate the black rifle numbers (223/5.56), the Creedmoor outsold any other centerfire rifle cartridge 8 to 1. That’s a huge margin! And that’s from a five digit sample size. Doesn’t matter where they’re shipping, the Creedmoor is king of the hill.

Either the Creedmoor has sold out in the shops you’re visiting or the shops aren’t taking advantage of market trends.