OK so maybe SOME Creedmor guys remind me of some 7mag owners back in the 70's. Marketing did its thing- "can take any game on the American continent" -remember hearing that line over and over? Sold a lot of rifles.

Now, I own and LOVE my 260. Same for my 6mm- I got these two thinking they were just a bit better than their closest, more standard, rivals because like most here, we are kind of snobs...I mean enthusiasts.

Many here load every single round sent through their bolt actions. Weigh each powder load. Measure COAL - all looking for perfection. In my case often screwing up something that worked wonderfully in the process. OMG!!! Enduron powders!!! I need those!

Well why WOULDN'T anyone gravitate to the 6.5 Creedmor? The only hiccup I ever got with my 260, that shot great even with its slow twist- another thing I tried to fix rather than believe my lying eyes- was, just as with my 6mm -the best groups I got came when loading the cartridge too long for the magazine - and of course not realizing it until heading in to the field.

The Creedmoor addresses that without sacrificing a thing and often with a more appropriate twist. What in the world is there to bitch about that?

And I don't even own one.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius