Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by ERK
I have seeded crops into the field only a couple hours after spraying them with a full rate of roundup. Wheat-durum-barley-canola-flax-field peas. No effect on any of them. No carry over. Ed k

That is scary sh t right there, and it's why many of us are doing our best to grow our own food and beef.

Would three days make it not "scary sh t"?

Roundups ionic charge is positive compared to the soil and is tied up instantly.

The meristems would have to be present AND sprayed with the solution for uptake to even occur upon which the seed would shut down and not grow into food.

I think it's great you wanna grow your own food, but telling guys that are using legal practices to grow crops that their way is "scary sh t" is akin to Joe Biden telling you to buy a side by side shotgun for home defense.

While I understand and accept what you are saying, the fact of the matter is that the majority of grains in our country are currently laced with 'Glyphosate' based compounds. Whether you realize it or not these are literally poisoning our children at an alarming rate if only for the fact that it's easier to spray and walk away than any other weed prevention method. I'm all for using the latest technology, but when it comes to inflicting lingering pain and suffering upon our children I disagree. Maybe you have a better view of Bayer, Monsanto, etc...but, I have read their decades long approaches to 'profit', and I don't find it acceptible for my children, nor for the children of my countrymen. YMMV.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond