Well, let's call this a "who do you trust" line of discussion just for giggles.

The head of EPA is an appointee, not an elected official. As such it is reasonable to anticipate bias one way or the other in the development of Federal code, that being the vehicle for enforcement of Federal law. You feeling warm and fuzzy yet?

So Congress passes a law and the appropriate agency writes the code and that's how it all moves forward. Is it the scientists or lawyers that write the code? I know, silly question,but there you have it.

So along comes company X who wishes to market a product covered by the code. They submit the application, it gets reviewed and questions are asked. The applicant provides the answers. And so it goes, lawyers on both sides putting the fine touch in the dialog, back and forth, over and over again, until a decision is made by the regulators.

Page 1 of my thoughts, additional tidbits around the corner. Will leave one thing for your consideration.

If the label of herbicide X stipulates it may not be applied to estuarine environments for aquatic plant management is the contractor violating that restriction by application 6 miles upstream in a coastal river?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain