I like it a lot.
I killed a buck antelope with one 2 days ago. I have been killing game on and off with 270s since 1968. It's never let me down. Not even one time. Sure, there are some bullets I stay away from, but I can say the same for about every other bore diameter too. People that make a religious idol are self-deceived and have no grasp on facts, so I choose not to defend or attach a mathematical measurement. To ascribe some evil or righteousness to a measurement is idiotic.

I have one 270 that I made on a Mauser action when I was 13 years old. That was 51 years ago now. It's now on it's 3rd barrel.

I have killed more deer then I can count, many antelope, many elk, 3 bears, and a lot of domestic cattle, horses and also about a dozen sheep with 270s. I have seen 3 moose and one Bison killed with 270s too and all of them were one shot kills with the game failing instantly or within a few seconds after the impact. The bull Bison was killed with a 150 grain Remington factory round and fell before the recoil was gone.

I read all the time how it's too old,. and all the things that are wrong with it.
I have never seen anything to gripe about with one as long as someone didn't use bullets that break up. Again I say I have seen bad results with a LOT of other cartridges when bad bullets were used including the 338 Mag, my own 375H&H, 9.3X74R, and quite a few bad results from many 7MM mags and 300 mags. So I can't be convinced that there is some virtue in a bore diameter or any lack of virtue in any one either.

When truth and facts disagree with theory and "feelings" ---------- its very easy for me to tell which one is wrong.