Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I never liked it. In fact, despite having owned dozens of centerfire rifles, both larger and smaller, have never owned one in my life and doubt I ever will..

Never even owned one and hate it. lol! Can't make that sh t up.

I don't currently have one, but the LH Rem KS I had in .270 was a real peach.

Who's the idiot who gave the .270 the 'gay' moniker? Travis? Never quite understood that stupidity.

Actually, somebody hating a cartridge they've never owned a rifle for, or even fired, is pretty common. Just look at any 6.5 Creedmoor thread.

But I have also seen it crop up whenever any Campfire member compliments almost any rifle cartridge. Apparently if many shooters REALLY like a certain cartridge, then they have to hate something else similar enough to "threaten" the niche of their favorite.

Still see this occasionally when the subject of the .17 Hornady Rimfire Magnum comes up, which is kind of odd since the .17 HMR has been around a long time now, and (like the .270 Winchester and 6.5 Creedmoor) is not about to go away. But somebody almost always posts something like this: "I have an accurate .22 Magnum, which will do anything the .17 HMR will do and more. So am not about to spend money on the latest fad, which is so useless I will never own one."

Come to think of it, Blackheart is one of those guys too....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck