Originally Posted by Trystan
I started hunting with a 7X57 and it killed game very well! Eventually I picked up a 270 and for 11 years it was the only rifle I hunted with and it seemed to always kill game same as my 7X57 did. For the last 4 years I've hunted with a 6.5X55 swede and interestingly enouph its panning out to be more of exactly the same. In fact I can't tell the difference between the 7X57, 270, or 6.5X55 swede!

I have heard that cartridges are more alike than different! Pick a good bullet and go kill [bleep] it isn't that difficult and game die easy when the bullet is placed properly. If I had to pick which cartridge of the three it would be the 6.5 swede purely bases on the fact that I can get Lapua Brass for it and it kills exactly the same as a 7X57 or 270

Trystan

Interesting you say that.I see a great difference between all of the above. I have used the 7x57 on elk and ttsx's and although it worked, it worked about as well as my 25/06 with the same Barnes bullet. My confidence steps up with a .270 or 30/06 and ttsx's. Bull elk are the baseline in this region. My little old opinion.Cheers