Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I never liked it. In fact, despite having owned dozens of centerfire rifles, both larger and smaller, have never owned one in my life and doubt I ever will..

I hear it's the preferred cartridge of queers and pansies so I'm sure you'd love it.

I just know it works, and you're a moron.
Not surprised you have personal knowledge of queers and pansies.

And by his own testimony he has NO experience with A 270. crazy

Jerry
[/quote] I didn't say that Jerry.. My sons and my long time hunting partner use .270's. I've shot them and seen them shoot deer with them. Never was impressed enough to want one of my own or figured they did anything I couldn't do just as well with my .30-06. In fact, the first year I took my #1 son deer hunting he used his .270 and poked fun at my pipsqueak .30-30. Long story short, we both killed bucks that morning. Both shot double lung at under 75 yards. His went more than twice as far before it fell. He never poked fun at my .30-30 again after that. I haven't had a shot at a deer farther than 120 yards in the last 20 years where I hunt and the vast majority of my shots have been inside 75. Tell me what advantage a .270 is going to provide over my .30-06, .308, 6.5 Creedmoor or even my lowly .30-30 at those ranges ? This year, for the first time in over 2 decades, I will be hunting some new ground where the chance for a shot out to 300 yards exists. I will be taking my .243, 6.5 Creed or .30-06 depending on my mood and I still don't feel handicapped in the least by not having a .270.