Originally Posted by StrayDog
Originally Posted by horse1

Kimber 84L with a 1:8 twist LIlja in the factory bbl contour. In that rifle I'm shooting the 150 ABLR and though

Interesting. Have you tried any lighter bullets on a target, how did they behave with this tight twist?

I haven't tried any other projectile. The Kimber was purpose built to take advantage of the 150ABLR as well as wherever the next step in slickery projectiles goes.

I can't say that a fast twist has ever hampered me with any other chamberings and light-for-caliber projectiles. My 1:8 22-250 shoots 50gn projectiles into itty-bitty knots as does my 1:8 223AI. I've also used some 120V-max in my 1:8 7WSM while FF'ing Norma 270WSM brass up to 7WSM and they're also quite accurate. I wouldn't be afraid to run really any available .277 bullet weight through my 1:8 bbl. There was very little difference in accuracy for any of the different powder charges of R-26 as I worked up to 60.5gn. I didn't have to fiddle w/seating depth either, just seat it to the end of the mag box and go. I'm a LONG way off the lands but everything seems to work just fine.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.