Originally Posted by Pappy348
I've seldom, if ever been without one for 35 or 36 years. It's an excellent balance of accuracy, flat trajectory, and reasonable recoil. With new powders it's even better. A 150gr bullet at over 3000 is easy and safe to do now, and with proper construction should easily take anything in the lower 48 at any sane range. Twist it a hair tighter for something like 170gr Bergers, and it can go long(er). Ammo is easy to find at all price levels, as are components and data. Lots of other rounds can do the same job, but most aren't quite as "accessible" in regard to ammo and rifle model availability.

What I can't understand is why so many people take a dislike to a particular cartridge, often without ever trying it, or why they get their feelers hurt when their pets start to flounder in the market against new stuff. Short of ammo actually being discontinued, what's the big deal? Is it some kind of personal validation thing? As long as what I have works for me, I could GAS what someone else uses.

^ This.

Owned mine since 69’. Its killed a pile of assorted deer, a few elk, one pronghorn and a mountain goat.
It’s the last long gun I will ever let go of.
That said, I’ve been enjoying my 6.5 CM very much - mostly because I like the Kimber platform and modest recoil.
It remarkably easy to shoot well and therefore it kills well, too.

Like Pappy348, I find it hard to understand the immature mud slinging by the anti-270 clowns.......

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....