I have owned many, many rifles, shotguns and handguns but never bought even one of them as a financial investment. Every one was bought because I liked it, saw a purpose for it, looked forward to getting it to perform great, and knew I would eventually sell it if it did not meet performance expectations. Even the pretty looking and well-known desirable ones. It has been big fun, especially the reloading and load development along with just plain shooting/hunting, and I still have a bunch of good ones. Very useful and enjoyable tools.

Certain factors caused me to begin selling them a couple of years ago. I have worked at it rather assiduously – and I have sold a bunch. More will be sold. My unanticipated experience has been that they were good investments – nice gains over prices of purchase – adjusting for inflation too. And, these ALL have been wood and blued steel models – well, a few were stainless steel.

I never have liked non-wood stocks and am not a big lover of semi-auto stuff, but do have one excellent AR type and one ceracoated barrel/action in a synthetic stock – because I needed the rifle ready to go and did not have time to make or fit a wooden stock. I do wonder what those would bring in today.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron