Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Items are on offer and the market is determined by what people will actually pay for that item.

Whats legal doesn't always have class. You're the $2,000 Norinco guy at the gunshow who nobody likes, I get that.

As for jesus in the gunstore, I sold him a Jennings at full retail and suggested he turn it into a Norinco.

Ya but how much did ya get him over a barrel for that Jennings? wink

Food for thought on your value system and hypocrisy

What hypocrisy?

....why did you not take the funds w/ which you purchased your musket and kettle and donate them to the needy?

A more apt statement would be why don't I sell them to fellow gun enthusiasts (my natural allies) for 600% of what I paid for them just because I can.

As for how much of our time and things should we give away, that's a personal thing. I've given quite a lot of both time and material stuff, others have given more, some less.

A side note on that 'Bess; I paid $1,100, it was a tremendous deal on a lightly used musket the guy assembled himself, and he has skills. A Rifle Shoppe one might be nicer, but until then its the nicest one I've seen cool

You say that you paid a price for your musket that you considered a good deal? You filthy capitalist, taking advantage of that naive seller! I hope that you don't teach economics...or logic.

Just to rattle your tin cup a little more. I bought those 10 Norinco Aks for $250.00 each. I then rented them to students who paid $200.00/day for use of the gun, 600 rounds of Russian ammo and the expertise of myself and an AI. Classes were limited to 10 students per 2 day session. I paid the AI $600.00 and I paid all the overhead. All concerned thought this a good value and customers were accepted only after thorough vetting by their employers who were OGAs or their contractors.

The Norincos were pretty much and indestructible and their buyers were elated to acquire them, used and reconditioned by Jim Fuller, for $2000.00/ea w/ a bonus of 3 chink steel mags and 90 rounds of Russian ammo.
Such is the way of American capitalism and market economics.

To paraphrase Marx; To each according to his abilites....

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC