I'm less and less enamored with the idea of guns as a good investment with a few exceptions.

I just buried a best friend that was the biggest gun collector I've ever known. His big mistake was not unloading them before he died. If he'd been half as smart about selling them off as he was about acquiring them, he'd have done all right. However, he waited and let his widow handle the sale. It put her through hell. I'm sure she didn't get what he expected to get. We all chipped in and bought what we could, but. . .

I have seen guys who have bought crates of military rifles. That's probably a good investment, or at least it was. An acquaintance bought a case of 7mm mausers and sold them 3 years later for 3 times what he paid for it. I'd love to go back now and buy a truck load of sub-$50 Albanian SKS of which I only bought one. In 10 years they became a classic, and now go for several hundred $'s. Ditto for Mosin Nagants, Swiss K31's and Mauser K98s.

However, I've also seen folks plunk down big bucks "classics," and find that they'd been better off putting it passbook savings.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer