Originally Posted by lvmiker
You define yourself, and "educators" in general exactly as would I. You do not seem to understand the fundamentals of market capitalism if you fail to recognize that those buyers were not misled or coerced. Nor were the products misrepresented. Those buyers were happy to indulge in a purchase that was no longer easily acquired.

You sold ‘em at an 800% markup because you could. OK. It’s legal. But you’re right, implying you used a name to misrepresent a product was a cheap shot.

I do find it disturbing, though not surprising, that you equate [bleep] w/ capitalism,

I find it disturbing but not surprising you fail to recognize the absurdist humor in the premise.

....do you get a better rate in the ghetto?

Strictly speaking, San Antonio ain’t big on ghettos, and no one calls it that anyway. I came here looking to be a good teacher in an inner city Hell. Turns out San Antonio only does inner-city lukewarm. Friendliest big city I’ve ever seen.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744