Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by Gus

well, ok.

is that the flow of the Tao?

is that what we are speaking of?

markets rise & markets fall. is that it?

Speculation is found in all investments. Many collectors/shooters/hobbyists feel they have the knowledge and ability to do what many experienced FFL's have tried and were unsuccessful at with 100% of their life's focus. It is hard work. It requires product and market research with documentation of inventory along with a business continuation plan or a complete liquidation plan in order to be successful.

Leaving things up to chance or the "flow of the market" can be quite risky. Especially when folks stop by looking for the "friends and family" discount upon hearing the spouse has put her "liquidation plan" into motion before the sod is rolled over the gravesite.

i ain't much of a market researcher, but it would be interesting to know the profile of ownership of guns in general: males, females, age ranges, urban, rural. i don't know. just things to think about. but i enjoy the idea that the stock market surely does have it's dips and advances.. so why shouldn't horse prices, gun prices, 4wd vehicle prices, etc. etc.