More thoughts:

Get all your bequesting done before you're incapacitated. Give the pieces away that you mean to give away to relatives, etc. Don't let the vultures descend. I've seen so many buddies who've had their family heirlooms boosted by their distant relatives. Me? I got screwed on a massive collection of antique fishing gear that my Great Grandfather used back in the early 1900's. They all got sold off by great uncle who picked up $50 doing a garage sale. He also sold off his carpentry workshop for $75.

I have 2 sons that share my passion. My wife has a few pieces. I have a granddaughter who is starting to amass a collection at the age of 7. My two sons got together several years ago and decided that when the old man assumes ambient temperature, they'll keep the collection mostly intact and borrow from it as they see fit. Hopefully, by then I'll have a few more grandchildren on which to lavish firearm gifts.

If I suspected the gun cabinet was going to be raided after my demise, I'd sell the whole lot and deposit the proceeds in the bank.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer