Nothing much going on so I will add to this world shaking event. laugh

Hey, nobody knows what was on the radio. Cop may have been asked to look for truck and boat sort of like yours. Had to make a stop for something. Only got a warning ticket, forgetabout it. Ain't worth the hassle to be mad about. Lordy, the cop may just have been bored and you looked interesting.

Funniest stop I ever was in was because of a license plate light out, sort of.

I had a ton of feed on my pickup and was coming back after dark from the Co-Op. Cold night. This was in one of the old pickups where the lights grounded on the bumper where they plugged in.

Directly the bubble gum machine comes on behind me. I pull over knowing I wasn't speeding, hell my truck wouldn't go that fast.
I get out and walk back. Here is this young kid, DPS Troup all shined up. I would bet it was his first assignment after the got out of cop school.

We go through the license and registration bit. I ask him what I was doing. He says license plate lights not working. I look and sure enough one of them isn't. I kicked the bumper and both came on.

They are now I said. Well, they weren't he says. He kicks the bumper and they both go out. See he says they are out. I kick the bumper and they come back on.

They ain't out, I says.

He kicks the bumper, out again. Yeah, they are he says. I kick, no they ain't I says when they come back on again.

I am getting colder than the dickens so I ask him if I can go get my jacket while we thrash this out. He says ok so I go get it and come back with a screwdriver in my hand.

Troup kind of backs up a step. I ask him to hold his light on my bumper. Pried out the license lights and scraped around the contacts and poped them back in. Both working.

I kick bumber, still working, he kicks bumper, still working.

They were out, he says. Maybe so I say but they work now.

Got to give you a warning ticket he says. Do what every you got to do I says, because I am getting cold. He says he is too and writes me a warning.

We shook hands and parted after about twenty minutes of comedy.

Warning ticket, no big thing. Getting stopped, no big thing either unless you choose to make it so.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati