Originally Posted by isaac
No BB...Just the one's who get pulled over by an officer and immediately go into whining rants about the cop being a liar and a puzzy. Who caught who in a lie and who says they were lying...You and Foxbat? Powerful evidence for sure!! You make up sch!t as you breeze along. Because someone said the cop was lying suffices for you? You could sit on one of my juries anytime, man!!

I have to say I have actually been on both sides of this. I have pulled people over who actually made eye contact with me as they blew a stop sign and swore to me thats not what I saw them do, that I was a liar. I have pulled people over for speeding that were blowing the doors off of traffic around them, 50% over the posted speed limit which I could well estimate without the use of radar but had that to confirm it, and they told me I had the wrong car. I had just observed them, clocked them with a radar device, ID'd them and the car, and never lost sight of them before pullingin them over, yet they'd tell me that I didn't KNOW what my eyes had just seen, and some even believed it...in fact a large number actually believed they weren't speeding, running the stop sign, etc. I NEVER pulled anyone over just to do it. I did it to give them a ticket or warning, to arrest them, because they were suspicious in some way or fit a BOLO description, but NEVER just to make a stop, tell a lie, and then move on.

OTOH, I was in a car with a buddy who got pulled over and the stated reason was for "speeding". I wasn't driving...no reason to lie...he'd litterally just pulled off a side street on to a 4 lane with a speed limit of 40...he hadn't reached the speed limit yet when the cop turned around on him as we both noticed and in unison said "What's this M-Fer want?"...AND the look on the cops face when he asked my buddy where he worked was priceless. We were both police at the time...and the cop KNEW, and HE KNEW WE KNEW HE WAS BALD FACED LYING...IT WAS THE END OF THE STOP WITH A "GOOD DAY". My buddy was not let go because he was a cop and had gotten away with anything...he was let go because he was a cop that got stopped by a lying cop. Or could have been that we fit the description of some BOLO and he told that little lie...don't know. But the stated reason was bogus, but still, in the end, HARMLESS!

So it happens both ways...Personally, I pulled over people that fit descriptions but wasn't the suspcect person/vehicle...I told them so and let them go. Occassionally I'd lose site of speeder, and find a car that I thought was the one I'd clocked...only upon approach to the driver did I find I'd pulled the wrong car over, and can tell you for sure that I pulled the wrong car over on a couple of occassions, and I told them why, and I let them go. I'm sure I became a similar story to these told here among those people, and no explination would suit them even though they weren't ticketed...I was: "A lying cop pulling someone over for no reason." In fact what I was was a cop that made an honest mistake, took a couple of minutes of their time because of my mistake, and let them go without a ticket.

Finally there's the "cop's hunch" stop. A hunch is not enough to make a stop, BUT there's not a single driver that can drive a half mile and not commit SOME objective traffic infraction that will give legal rise to a traffic stop. And that, by SCOTUS case law is the standard...the officer's subjective reason is of no importance...its the objective reason that counts and as long as they can articulate reasonable suspicion or probable cause, then the stop is good if they're tellin the truth.

I can say this with absolute certainty, as a driver, I've NEVER been pulled over for a bogus reason, and I log a bunch of miles every year and have for a long time. EVERY single time I have been pulled over as a driver, it was 100% because I was doing what they said I was doing.

War Damn Eagle!