Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by sgt217
Interestingly, and in order to add a post to keep this thing rolling, we installed video cams in most of our cruisers and most of the "He stopped me for no reason" complaints stopped after the first year of reviewing the tapes with the complaintants....Word got out that we had them and the bogus complaints stopped....Not saying that every complaint has gone away, but about 95 percent of the time when the tapes are reviewed, the compalintant goes away....Several times kids have gone home and told great stories to their parents, who come down in a rage right up until the tape is shown of little Johnny doing just what the officer has alleged....The current videos are really nice...the officer can not erase them as they are digital on a hard drive and start 30 seconds before the stop, so almost always the reason for the stop is captured....

Course that can cut two ways. Perhaps officers are less likely to pull someone over for a BS charge if they are on camera. I personally wish that was mandatory in every jurisdiction. For the Officers sake and the public's.

It is mandatory everywhere in the State of Texas.

That's good for everyone IMO.
My wife's assistant is a former Atlanta cop and she said that in Georgia they must show you the radar readout if you ask. I am curious to find out if that is the case in Tennessee. That is something that should be mandatory as well. Hell if my wife goes into court on a malpractice case without an xray, the judge ain't taking her word, why should a word alone be good from a cop? Make video and printouts of radar/lidar mandatory. All this stuff goes away.

[Linked Image]