The trailer stop for the light is obviously something that could have been real or he could have been fishing for a couple Bucky's straight off the lake who had a few too many Bud's. We'll never know.

In the example I gave there is no margin for "maybe". The Trooper flat out lied that he clocked me at 85 mph. He had zero reason to pull me over. He was parked under an overpass and had roughly 3 seconds of visual of my car before he pulled out and could not have observed any other offense in that time nor did he use any other excuse. He said "I clocked you going 85 mph" period.
He did not even have his radar unit on, nor did he use any handheld lidar or instant on radar gun. If he really had clocked me, I seriously doubt he's gonna let me go without even a warning for 15 mph over the speed limit with an infant strapped in a car seat on Memorial day weekend, so let's be realistic.

I was courteous as could be as he was a big african american and I wasn't about to give him any excuse to have an attitude. He was extremely rude and when i told him it was not possible for me to have been going 85 mph, he got down right indignant.

I don't care how the public acts, I know there are arseholes by the barrel out there, but when you accept a badge and gun and assume a role of authority you better be honest and at least attempt civility or go work as a bouncer, cause I really don't give a damn if you had a bad day. Don't pull me the fark over for obeying the law if you can't handle being called on an obvious lie.

A dishonest cop is worse than a criminal in my opinion. The authority vested in them comes with responsibility.

And anyone that truly believes that driving is just a privilege and that you should be allowed to be pulled over at any time for no reason is in the wrong country. I'm no Libertarian but thats a real warped sense of what the Bill Of Rights is all about.

As far as bellyaching, if someone in LE on here could honestly tell me why a Trooper would pull me over under the circumstances and lie about it, I'll gladly bow out of this thread.

Last edited by Foxbat; 06/25/07.

[Linked Image]