Originally Posted by isaac
It might be something to piss and moan about with your buddies but I feel it isn't worth much more of your energies and time after you get the initial anger out of your system! Pick a good fight to win...this one ain't worth it!

Just a SWAG, from having been there before...the cop was looking for a vehicle that fit the description. Cops make mistakes. From the sound of it he gave you little problem other than a bogus excuse for why he pulled YOU over...AND he didn't write a ticket...it comes under the no harm no foul rule. Being momentarily detained under such circumstances wouldn't get you squat in court... not even past summary judgement.

If the cop had said he made a mistake, would that have made you feel any better about it, or would you still be really wondering? Think about it. He pulled you over and you were on your way in short order...what would have been the point in that? No search, no ticket, no nothing but a bogus PC reason? Just a cop afraid to say "sorry I got the wrong car." Again, just a SWAG on my part, but I guess he could have had some sinister motive to pull you over and tell you your lights were out, then let you tell him they are working fine. Do cops occassionally use bogus PC to get to stop and search? Im sure they do...I can't think of a single reason to just stop someone for $hits and Giggles.

War Damn Eagle!