Originally Posted by JaquesLaRami
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by .280Rem
People will let you search their cars KNOWING full well what's in there will ruin their lives...and I can't explain it either, but it takes little more than asking in the right way in most cases.

Yeah,... well,... if ya say "no", they bring this mean ass dog in and let him sniff around on ya car, and if he runs at ya and starts eatin' on ya leg afterwards they call it probable cause and search it anyway.

So,.... you got two choices. Let the cops search ya car while ya gettin' et on by a dog,... or let 'em search ya car while ya just stand there.

I seen a twist on that one too.

back in my college days we got stopped near Laramie. They didn't even ask if they could search our pickup. A second cop car pulled up with this "pup" maybe 9 or 10 months old, and led him to the vehicle and unleashed him. He ran around wanting to play. they opened the truck door and let him in there. He ran around in there playing and looking out the windows. In the mean time the cops were watching him saying, "did you see that he indicated under the seat. Did you see that, he indicated the glove box. Did you see that, he indicated the visors. Then they lifted him in the back--guess what he indicated the tool box. then they let him out and he ran around playing in the barrow pit. Me and my pard were saying that dog didn't indicate anything--he just looked like a pup having fun. "Yeah, we say he was indicating stuff, so now were going to search". They did, of coarse there was nothing in the truck to incriminate us. I could of told them that and even would of let them look without all the theatrics.

When they were all done I told them look now he's indicating that something's in your car. laugh

I wish, just wish, they would do that with my Aussies setting on the toolbox under the camper shell sometime...."Sure officer, tell your dog to stick his nose into the back window of the pickup--I may have some bags of extra meth still laying around back there"........ laugh

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.