Took the rifle and the 130gr Sciroccos and 140gr Interlocks to the range today.

So far, the rifle seem to like the 140gr Interlocks a bit better. I was getting roughly 1-inch groups with the Sciroccos and around 3/4-inch groups with the Interlocks. Not quite as accurate as, for example, my .340 Wby with 225gr TTSXs. But more than good enough for hunting. Maybe I’ll do better next time. Generally, my Wbys seem to prefer Barnes and Nosler bullets the best, but that likely is just coincidence. While I was at the range, a shipment of the 127gr LRX ammo came in. So, I’m gonna try that out tomorrow. Maybe they’re “the one.”

Here’s my last group with the 140s, right at 3/4" – center to center:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

With a five-shot sample, the 130gr Sciroccos averaged 3,416 fps MV, and the 140gr Interlocks averaged 3,277 fps based on a 12-shot sample.

So, based on published BCs, this is what they should do (note that the center of scope is almost exactly 2” higher than the center of bore):

The Bushnell Forge 4.5-27X scope is an FFP one, and the first FFP I’ve owned. For a potential long-range rig, I like that the reticles are always 1 MOA apart at any magnification.