Originally Posted by DeadHead

I don’t have the answer but I helped a buddy setup his 6.5-300 last year with that same ammo and am pretty sure there was no groove visible. I wasn’t 100% so went and looked at a couple pics of weatherby loaded 127s and didn’t find any that looked like the one in your pic either?

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....weatherby-127-grain-barnes-lrx-20-rounds

Thanks for going to the trouble, DeadHead.

That is interesting. I have three boxes remaining of the Wby-loaded 127gr LRXs. All the cartridges in the box from which I pulled the one in the pic all have the groove. None of the bullets in the other two boxes of Wby-loaded 127s have the groove.

I wonder, as to the rounds in the offending box, whether Wby may accidentally have loaded 120gr TTSXs in them, which look like this:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Either way, it's strange to me. The three boxes all have the same product numbers printed on them. However, the offending box has a slightly different bar code on it than the other two. So, maybe it's from a different batch. I just wonder how those grooves got there. I'll chrono both types tomorrow. If the grooved ones are faster, maybe they are 120s.