Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
On the box label It says with accubrake. The "Rep" told me that there might have been differences in the thread and Weatherby prefers to have the rifle in hand in case it has to be recut. I told him that was not going to happen if I ended up buying the rifle. It is a newer model, I believe right before they moved to Wyoming. The funny thing is I have an accu brake sitting in the gunsafe off a 270 WBY.

Weatherby wanted me to send in my rifle to get the trigger tech trigger installed, said it would need fitting all for over 200 bucks. TT had a Black Friday sale and I picked one up for 150 and fit it myself, it is a remarkable upgrade over the trigger on my 1995 Mark V.

Interesting OH. I would think they could tell which brake you needed by your serial #. If they still were not metaphysically certain, but had a hunch, it would be cheaper for Wby to mail you the one they thought worked, even if that led to some back=-and-forth mailing of other brake versions, than mailing the rifle back and forth once.

The stock triggers on my three Mk Vs are really really good to me. They were made I think in 1999 (340 Accumark); early 2000s (.375 Wby DGR); and 2014 (7mm Wby ULW).