A bit delayed so I could bring my son along, but my almost 17-yr-old boy and I went to the range with my 6.5-300 Wby Accuguard and “his” 7mm Wby MkV ULW. Because I liked the preliminary results from putting a B&C free-floating stock on the 6.5-300, my son bought one for his 7mm Wby with his Christmas money from grandpa.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Great session. The two groups below were our best, but they were all good until the barrels started getting hot.

He was firing Cor-Bon loaded 160 TSXs at a MV of 3,240 fps, and I, as indicated above, was firing 127gr LRXs at 3,376 fps.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

His, on the left, measures right at 0.3”, and mine, on the right, was 0.4”. I still couldn’t get the Siroccos to come in under an inch. Maybe that will change, because I’d like to do that.

Note, we had to use those silly targets because the range was out of the normal ones.

I won’t be able to take him elk hunting until 2022 because of school and that he, unfortunately, is the son of my ex-wife. But, we’re both getting lined up as far as rifles. I think I’ll take the 6.5-300 this year, even though it’ll be hard to leave behind my beloved .340 Accumark.