Originally Posted by the444shooter
Hopefully the 127s shoot for you. With that particular model of Vanguard, I don't believe it was supposed to be floated, nor does it have the aluminum bedding block. I just has the factory Griptonite stock on it. The Accuguards with the Bell and Carlson stocks have the aluminum chassis, however. I've been paying attention to your posts because the 6.5x300 has me intrigued as well. The 140 interlocks at that velocity might be a little on the soft side for elk, but would still certainly do the job behind the shoulder.

Anxiously waiting to see how the 127s shoot.

I haven't taken it apart to check, but the Wby website sys that the Accuguard has the same "Full length aluminum bedding plate" as the Accumark, which I have in .340. https://weatherby.com/store/vanguard-accuguard/

But I see you’re saying that because of the Griptonite stock, it’s probably doesn’t have that? The GB entry said that it was “The Vanguard Stainless Accuguard,” which "is an exclusive Show Special for Sports, Inc. Members.” Maybe that’s different. Maybe I should get it free-floated like my MkV.