Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Weatherby uses a lot of American made premium bullets which are shipped to Sweden and assembled and probably hit with a hefty vat tax and then shipped back here as completed ammo and who knows what the tariffs are on that stuff, not to mention lengthy delays due to the Covid scam.

The 6.5-300 ULW I was looking at is still at the LGS. I am going to give it a 2 week aging period and if it still there then I buy it . grin They somehow lost the brake that belongs to this rifle and I called Weatherby last week and asked about a new one. I would have to ship them the rifle to install it and it would be 178 bucks...Not.

My new MkV one that I will pick up shortly comes with a brake and a thread protector to replace it I think. I doubt I ever will use the brake. Recoil not bad at all without one. If anything might cause me to flinch, I most-likely would be the sound of the discharge with the brake on.

I'm surprised though that the brake isn't fairly standard and would just screw on where the thread protector is on your rifle, without the need for them possessing your rifle.

On the box label It says with accubrake. The "Rep" told me that there might have been differences in the thread and Weatherby prefers to have the rifle in hand in case it has to be recut. I told him that was not going to happen if I ended up buying the rifle. It is a newer model, I believe right before they moved to Wyoming. The funny thing is I have an accu brake sitting in the gunsafe off a 270 WBY.

Weatherby wanted me to send in my rifle to get the trigger tech trigger installed, said it would need fitting all for over 200 bucks. TT had a Black Friday sale and I picked one up for 150 and fit it myself, it is a remarkable upgrade over the trigger on my 1995 Mark V.