Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Also, on the velocity issue, during that previous session, I was chronoing the 127s on a warm barrel, and I noticed that the chronoed velocities for the 127s were gradually increasing as the barrel got hotter. I posted a thread about that here:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-velocity-and-barrel-temps#Post15778406. Apparently, that can make a difference.

So, during my last session, I chronoed the 127s on a cold barrel and got an average of 3,420 fps—about 50 fps slower, but still about 50 fps faster than the VG shot them.

I chronoed some more 140gr Interlocks and came out with an average of 3,348 fps, which is higher than before, but, again, that might be because the barrel was fairly warm.

The Sciroccos came out at 3,486 fps.

So, both the 130s and 140s are leaving the MkV at about 70-80 fps faster than they are leaving the VG.

So, I think there’s something different between the two, but I don’t know what it is—not that it matters, I suppose.

I’d guess when they’re scooting that fast a bit of difference won’t matter much as long as they’re consistent and it sounds like the AB and LRX are working well.

Be nice to try them at distance to really put a validation on them for accuracy too.

Semper Fi