I got her sighted in, I think.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It seems to like the 127gr LRXs the best too, but I’m not certain yet. Have to let the barrel cool off overnight, lol, and go back. It shot the 140gr ABs pretty well and better than the 130gr SSs.

If I get much more positive results with the 127s, I will just settle on them. That way, the Accumark and my backup rifle, the Accuguard, both will be shooting the same thing.

A couple of curious things about the chrono results:

I chronoed one 140gr Interlock from the same box as I shot out of the Accuguard. I shot that just to see if I was on paper at 25 yds after bore-sighting. It came in at 3,277 fps, exactly the average out of my Accuguard. Coincidence, but still suggests a similar velocity range out of both

The 127gr LRXs averaged 3,376 fps out of my Accuguard, but 3,472 out of my Accumark. Could that be because of more free-bore in the MkV? But then wouldn’t that be true of the 140gr bullets as well? Any other possible reason for that?

Also, I could not get the Labradar to track the ABs at all. Could that be the shape of the bullet? It could be human error, but nothing I did worked. I would have thought that, if it didn’t track the 140 ABs, it wouldn’t have tracked the 127 LRXs, but it had no problem with the latter.

Sighted in 1 inch high at 100 yds at sea level, its performance should look like this at 10,000 ft and sea level:

At elevation, it’s only dropping 22” at 500 yds and still is moving at over 2,700 fps. At 700 yds, it still is moving above 2,400 fps.

Now, I just need to shoot them a bit more to make sure I’m dialed in and see if I can find an elk in Colorado in October that will let me put the crosshairs on him.