Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Got back from the range a while ago.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I had an hour-long conversation with a nice farmer who was sighting in his BAR in 7mm RM for elk hunting in Colorado. We’re actually talking about possible merging our hunts, depending on that we draw.

I think I’ve settled in on the Wby-loaded 140gr ABs for now. They are shooting the most consistently-small groups right now. I moved the barrel closer to the chrono, and I got the Labradar to read them. They have a nice tight average of 3,308 fps.

This was my last group after adjusting my scope for it at 1” high at 100 yds:

The 127s shoot some small groups, but then I get an occasional erratic one. The ABs always seem to shoot well.

The Hendershot’s-loaded 127gr LRXs shot pretty well, but they chronoed at 3,281 fps, way under what they were claiming and less than I can get out of the 140grs loaded by Wby.

This is what the 140gr ABs should be doing downrange at 10,000 ft:

WAM, I finally sorted by 7mm Wby brass and can send it out shortly. I have 213 rounds of it. I will box them up and send to you shortly.

Beretzs, I have 140 6.5-300 empties I’m holding for you and your brother whenever you want to pick them up.

Holy smokes, first off the 140’s are shooting pretty darned amazing.

And yes sir, soon as I get up your way I’ll grab them from you. Weather jacked my trip up last week and I’m headed out for work for a few weeks. That’s a danged pile of brass!

Semper Fi