Originally Posted by beretzs
I’d think the 127 LRX and 140 AB are pretty close in length so the preference of the 140 to the 127 is probably more the load itself suiting your rifle than the bullet.

Even if you only got 500-600 rounds of barrel life and I’m betting you’ll get more you’ve got lots of killin left in them. A few rounds every year to check zeros and make sure you’re still on point will take a long time to make them smoothbores I bet grin

Weatherby rebarrels for a decent cost, shoot em up!

Thanks for the comments, Beretzs. I doubt I will shoot any of my barrels out in my lifetime. I have a finicky .243 cheap WM VG my older son used to use on deer, but he graduated to the 7mm. So, I may restock that one and practice with it. The main thing I really want to practice on is some longer-range shooting. When I can get some more loaded 140gr ABs, I also will try them through the Accuguard. If that works out, I will have a backup rifle with a similar stock, the same scope, the same barrel, and the same POI. Eventually, that likely will go to my younger son if and when he gets bored with the compact .243.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]