Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by the444shooter
Hopefully the 127s shoot for you. With that particular model of Vanguard, I don't believe it was supposed to be floated, nor does it have the aluminum bedding block. I just has the factory Griptonite stock on it. The Accuguards with the Bell and Carlson stocks have the aluminum chassis, however. I've been paying attention to your posts because the 6.5x300 has me intrigued as well. The 140 interlocks at that velocity might be a little on the soft side for elk, but would still certainly do the job behind the shoulder.

Anxiously waiting to see how the 127s shoot.

Originally Posted by the444shooter
Hopefully the 127s shoot for you. With that particular model of Vanguard, I don't believe it was supposed to be floated, nor does it have the aluminum bedding block. I just has the factory Griptonite stock on it. The Accuguards with the Bell and Carlson stocks have the aluminum chassis, however. I've been paying attention to your posts because the 6.5x300 has me intrigued as well. The 140 interlocks at that velocity might be a little on the soft side for elk, but would still certainly do the job behind the shoulder.

Anxiously waiting to see how the 127s shoot.

I’d run the 140’s through any elk shoulder, quartering too or away.

Whatever you're confident in. The only experience I have on a non-bonded/non-mono hit on an elk shoulder was a 162gr ELD-X at 285yds from a 7mm Mag. Impact velocity of around 2500fps, and after hitting the shoulder blade, the jacket and shrapnel only made it into the first lung. Granted, an ELD-X has the ballistic tip to initiate greater expansion, but it's still only got an interlock ring just like the 140gr that MarineHawk is shooting. And that's a pretty mild impact velocity to only make it a few inches.

God Bless and Shoot Straight