Many good Writers mentioned above.
Very glad that R.R. mentioned Tom Roster. He covered a lot of ground in his CONSEP study for waterfowl and I believe he worked with Bob Brister early on. (Maybe Mule Deer can confirm)
I found Sherman Bell a very short time after reading a lot of Toms work.
Both dispelled a number of myths in their research and their articles were a very good read for a shotgun nut. (Just like Bob Brister and his book and articles)
Later I stumbled on Neil Winston on another forum. His work on shotgun pattern analysis for Trap Shooting is very well documented and to my knowledge few have put in the same volume of work testing shell/gun theories or ideas. Neil passed recently and he handed the torch to a good friend who has his test equipment, and reports when he can on new shells or combinations.
Dr AC Jones wrote a long book on the subject and built a very cool program for pattern measurement by digital analysis. Its very hard to get a copy of that to run on a newer computer but it gives good results if you can stand fussing with the tech side on the computer. This work along with Neils really showed me the risk of analysis of examples of one or two when looking at shotgun shells on paper or grease. (as a kid we were frequently enlisted to "Count Pellets" on a single pattern paper)(but our Adult Idols were unaware of just how high the variability in a shotgun is shot to shot for speed and pattern)
Mule Deer offered some interesting insight here on a much older post about the quality of some of the analysis in some older writing.
The ones that put the time in to do research and show the details always seem to be more interesting.
BUT it seems to still come down to the Nut behind the trigger keeping the eye on the prize and the rock on the stock for most shots in decoy range.
Thanks to those above who provided a good list of written material.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......